A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Cookies and tracking devices used on waysidetechnology.com
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to manage cookies in your browser
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our cookies do not store financial information, or information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). Cookies simply allow our website to retrieve this information in order to personalize and improve your experience of our website.
If you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies from waysidetechnology.com – or any other website - you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalized features of this website cannot be provided to you, for example your shopping basket will not work properly.
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you've got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. This includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website and Services for these reasons.
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn these off separately. This is discussed in more detail below.
The links below take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.
Third-party cookies and tracking devices
When you are on waysidetechnology.com you may notice that there is content from other websites - for example a video from YouTube or links to maps using google maps. We may also provide you with the opportunity to share information with others using social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We add this content from time to time to improve the user experience. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these other websites. Wayside Technology Group (the Data Controller of waysidetechnology.com) does not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
Managing advertising cookies
Please note that if you want to opt out from receiving targeted advertising, this does not mean that you will receive less advertising when you use our services. This just means that the advertising you see will not be as relevant or customized to you.
However, if you still want to opt out of these third party advertising cookies, you can do this by visiting the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website www.youronlinechoices.com which lists all ad serving cookies that are currently set on your device and tells you how to opt-out from each of them. Please note that this website lists many more networks than those used at waysidetechnology.com.
We have also set out links above to some of the specific partners we work with who set cookies on our websites, and therefore on your computer, each of which have instructions on how to opt out of their cookies.
Please remember that if you choose to opt out of targeted advertising from a specific company or via www.youronlinechoices.com, it only applies to the web browser on the device you are using. You will therefore need to follow the same process on every device you use or different web browser that you use to exercise the same choice.
Further information about cookies
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.